- Truly portable, with internal battery for all-day portability.
- Altitude goes up to 35,000 feet and is displayed in 2 and 5-feet increments and includes a VSI – Vertical Speed Indicator
- Displays airspeed in Knots
- Selectable timing for Leak Check feature in Altimeter and Airspeed modes
- Independent Vacuum and Pressure pumps and reservoirs
- Lightweight – about 17 lbs
- Lighted LCD display
- Limited 2-year warranty
Purchase includes operator manual, internal battery, external 12 volt DC power adapter, and 2 hoses of 20 feet (about 6 meters) in length. Hoses have a quick-connector on tester ends, and brass 37 degree connectors on aircraft ends.
- Swagelok quick connectors
- Hansen quick connectors (standard)
- Staubli quick connectors (add US$100)
- Display in meters
Note: The PS-425 does NOT have the precision required to test RVSM altimeter systems.
The UNITS button is used to toggle between the two primary displays – altitude and knots, or altitude and VSI.
The LEAK CHECK will begin a 120 second timer, and the display will also show the gain or loss of altitude or airspeed experienced during the displayed time period.
If the operator wishes to select a different length of testing time, the Leak Check button may be pressed repeatedly, which will cause a reduction in the timer counter in 30-second increments. The timer will not toggle above 120 seconds nor under 30 seconds. Once the time is selected, press the Units button to start the timer.
The EXIT button is used to exit out of the leak check mode.
The LIGHT button will toggle the display backlight ON or OFF.
Altitude – The altitude is measured based on a reference point of 29.92 (sea level). This is pre-set at calibration and cannot be changed by the operator.
- Display Range : -1000 to 35,000 feet
- Vacuum Pump Range: up to 35,000 feet
- -1500 to 30000 feet: 2-feet increments
- 30000 and up: 5-feet increments
- VSI 2 and 10 Ft/Min
- Knots: 1 knot increments
- Temperature range: 32 degrees F to 125 degrees F (0 C to 51 C)
Other Measurement Units:
- VSI – vertical speed indicator
- Airspeed Range: 0-500 knots
- External: 12 VDC (from a 110 or 220 VAC adaptor)
- Internal: 12 VDC (internal rechargeable battery)
- Physical Dimensions: 13”D X15.25”L X 9.5 ”H (33x39x24 cm)
- Weight: approximately 17 lbs (7.7 Kg)